Skip to main content

Fashonista Nation

Polyvore.  It's basically a site that allows you to create fashion collages.  I signed up back in 2011, and created most of my fashion sets then.  A few I created in these past few days.  I would still wear everything I created.  Besides fashion that I long to wear, there are three sets showing my actual fashion.  The first set is my teen years, the second is 2011, and the third is current.

So, let's look as some fashion, yeah!

Yes,  I was that teen.
To be honest, this style lasted from the age of thirteen to twenty four or twenty five (1993 - 2004/05).  I wore other things, but these were my staples.

  • Flare or Wide leg jeans (not super wide!)
  • Military issue combat boots (my father's)
  • I could have thrown in black high top converse as well (both pairs courtesy of the Sal)
  • Messenger bags
  • Large shades
  • Lots and lots and lots of black screen print T-Shirts.
  • Black cuff bracelets.  Lots of black and lots of kitchy jewelry.

2011 was very colour-centric

First, lets note that the grey clogs, the sunglasses, and the asymmetrical ring on the right side of the photo are identical to things I actually had.  The Hamsa (the Middle Eastern hand of protection) amulet on the chain, while I didn't have that exact one,  I did have one.  I found a vintage souvenir bracelet from Morocco at a yard sale.  It sort of fell apart, but the Hamsa I kept.  My sister has since absconded with it.  Also this was my first real foray into colours, as well as tank tops, or even clogs for that matter.
  • Lots of non-graphic fitted tee's
  • Lots of tank tops
  • Lots of nice, cotton tops
  • Those red shoes are almost as awesome as my German pair.  I still have them, though they are almost dead.  :(
  • Lots of eclectic foreign rings and earrings.
  • And I used to wear keys as necklaces, before it was a thing to purchase fake keys for necklaces.  Skeleton keys from people's houses, as well as strange, vintage locker or luggage keys.  My grandmother had a very extensive key collection.

2014 is... I'm not sure what 2014 is.

This is pretty much my current style, as well as pretty much everything that I own.  

  • Several black yoga style pants
  • One pair of jeans
  • Mid-calf tights to wear with the skirts
  • Two short skirts
  • A plethora of tank tops
  • A few non-graphic T-Shirts
  • Two pairs of boots; industrial steel toe & blue leather
  • A pair of fake leather mules
  • One pair of sandals
  • One black puffy winter coat with faux fur hood trim
  • One corduroy fitted jacket
  • One large flowered fashion scarf and white knitted hat for winter
  • I have a lot of nail polish colours, but these six are what I always choose
  • IF I wear lipstick, it's a light reddish pink


I have mentioned in a previous post how I've always been rather into fashion.  In middle school I watched Fashion Television religiously.  I followed the designers and their work.  I dreamed up all sorts of things I would design and wear.  In middle and high school no one was really into fashion.  Some of the popular girls were, but only on the surface, as in what their favourite female celebrities were wearing.  I'm talking The Devil Wears Prada fashion.  No one was into that, except for me.  I seriously needed a Justin Suarez to be my best friend!  

I don't follow fashion anymore, I haven't since high school.  The closest I've come to even remotely being in its vicinity was while watching Ugly Betty and The Devil Wears Prada as well as some Fashion Night Out event two years ago where guests received a copy of Vanity Fair's Mega Fashion Bible issue. 

The following fashion sets are what I would pull together and wear if A:) Fashion fit my body and B:) I had that kind of moolah.  But, I can dream right?  Apparently that is what Polyvore is for, after all.  These might not be in the same standards of Haute Couture, but this is the epitome of style pour moi!

Created 2011
I still adore this ensemble.  Those are some fierce pants and the print on those shoes!  


Created 2011

I would still wear this outfit.  I love everything about it.  All the colours, those awesome pants.  


Created 2011
Yes, it's a dress, but really I'm envisioning it as a tunic style top that looks the same in the front as it does in the back.  Love that.  Red and purple is not a thing for me, but I like it here... a lot.


Created 2011
I adore women's fashion of the 1950s and early 1960s.  I've never been able to wear any of it, but I certainly would if I were able to, and it would go a little something like this.  I love the dark peacock blue with the soft pink, yellow, and green of the dress.


Created 2011

Awesome!!  I love 1950s abstract print and two tone grey.  I love the navy and the orange and the clogs!


Created 2011

Again, I love everything about this look.  Everything.


Created 2011
Something happened the the undershirt, but no matter.  Imagine the bust being covered in a navy scoop neck where the bottom of the necklace just touched the top of the collar, and boom, the outfit is again complete.  I would wear this out and about in a heart beat!


Created 2011

I even "designed" a wedding dress and a bridesmaid dress.  How very Vera of me.  I'm not sure if it's apparent from the other sets, but I like to combine.  The Wedding dress is really a patterned above the knee dress over a flowy long skirt and the bridesmaids dress is a solid tunic over a patterned pencil skirt.  But really, if I were designing these, they'd be solid pieces.  I would totally wear this to the wedding I'll never have.


Created 2014

This one even received a title, Nautical Winter.  I love this.


Created 2014

When I was finished with this one, I realized I had created a set with all the major colours of Tibet (and Nepal and Bhutan, etc), so I aptly named it Tibet.  I love this one even more than the last.


Created 2014

I named this one Ficticious Scientifica.  The top is the same as in the purple/red set from 2011.  It's a dress, but I'm making it a shirt that has a panel in the front and in the back.  Man, I wish I had that coat and that purse and that ring in the bottom of the grouping; it's real wood with raw minerals on top.  So awesome.  Yep, I would totally wear this out in front of people.  But, I'm still loving Tibet just a tad more out of these newer ones.


Created 2014

What can I say?  I simply adore my own creations, this one absolutely yes!


Created 2014

And since Halloween is almost here, why not.  On the left is the playful Silver Witch, and on the right is the more serious Gold Witch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn