Skip to main content

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there?

I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.  

Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...  

I eventually made white cake!

I went out & purchased a box of Pillsbury white cake & white frosting.  I used the six egg whites, instead of the four whole eggs recipe.  I added Watson Almond flavouring to the cake only.  That was some damn freaking good cake, if I do say so myself!  It was super light and moist, & had a really great flavour.  Even my sister enjoyed it & she only likes yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  

Someday I will again tackle baking a cake from scatch.  I tried it once & it was beyond subpar.  I always imagined one of those homemade four layer cakes from the film Pollyanna would be the ultimate in taste.  Someday I shall try that.  

But this brings us to the end of this post.  There was subliminal white cake messaging in the film Django Unchained, I am certain of it.  No, that is not the only thing I took away from the film & I really loved it (sad that Christoph Waltz' character died, but it was a good death).  Also, I am no longer craving white cake & plan to, someday, make a four layer Pollyanna cake from scratch.  

And this is where I'll end transmission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn