Skip to main content

Designing The Future

Well, I found that Polyvore extended what their site is about since I was last there in 2011.  They have home stuff.  I adore home design just as much as I adore fashion design.  We all know where this is going... I collaged rooms from my dream home.  Again, I'm sure these are probably faux pas in the decorating world, but if I could live in these rooms, which that answer is absolutely a big yes, then it doesn't really matter if they are "good" or not.

Living Room

Here we have the "formal" living room.  This is the super nice space where I would bring guests.  Basically, I've seen a pattern with my fashion and rooms.  They are a lot like food.  When making food, I throw in all the stuff that I like and the meal is epic, on par with my tastes, and I am pleased.  The same can be said for the fashion and room sets.  I like a lot of texture; stone, wood, geometric shapes, brushed metals.  I also like copper, rose copper and gold.  I like mid century as well as some more traditional themes.  And I like colours, but apparently only a certain few, because those are the same colours I keep using.

I didn't necessarily lay the rooms out, I just tried to make the items look good in groupings.  The sofa and rug and in good placement.  The stone coffee table would be in the center with the gold chair and the all wood chair on either side of the sofa with the copper side tables on either side of the sofa with the teal and gold lamp on each side table.  Behind the sofa I would use that wavy moroccan print in tri greens as the accent wall.  All the other walls would be that gold colour.  And of course that would be the flooring.  The pendant light would hang in the center of the room and that absolutely wonderful mid century-esque bookshelf with geometric sliding panel doors in copper would be somewhere in the room.  The pink chair near it as a reading chair.


Bedroom

The three pieces of furniture were an absolute must.  Somehow I receive the West Elm catalog every once in awhile and a few years ago, saw their patchwork furniture.  I ADORE this furniture!  So, we have the nightstand, dresser, and wardrobe.  I like grey and I like tufted, so boom there's the bed.  Of course there'd be a real Persian rug!  Above the bed, I have my bed stuff; mustard yellow quilted shams and blanket, beside it is a gorgeous duvet, under that the triangle blanket would really be that pattern in a sheet set, and then two pillows.  My idea is to have a feather down comforter in the duvet and have the mustard yellow quilt folded at the bottom of the bed.  Natural wood slice mirror over the dresser.  Blue lamps (why put two in the set, we know there will be two) on either bedside table, orange lamp on dresser.  The five pieces of art above the nightstand to go around the room.  Then there's the dark wood flooring and taupe colouring of the walls.  But also the stone would be an accent wall, probably behind the bed; with the geometric white pattern being the curtains.


Master Bath

Alright, let's start at the top left.  Exactly that shower, but the floor would the honeycomb marble tile, and all of the walls would be the chevron marble with detailing in the green subway tile.  The sink vanity area would be this, but double; a double vanity, second mirror and second wall of cabinets on the other side.  I would use the wall taps shown, instead of what is in the photo and the walls would be that greyish white, except behind the vanity area would be the green subway tiles.  And ther's a nice stone soap dish, because why not.  BOTH of these gorgeous rugs would be in the bathroom, somehow.  The orange/white drum shade light would be the center light for the room and the two gold/silver-ish Moroccan lanterns would be over the vanity area.  Then there's five pieces of art.  Gorgeous tub.  I love the shape and that it's stone.  And it's a bathroom, so... A low profile water conserving toilet... and bidet.  And towels.


Kitchen

Oooh-hoo-hoo!  I LOVE this kitchen!  Ok, so the center photo is basically what I want.  Very 30s/40s traditional.  Creamy white cabinets, some with glass, drawers, alcoves, and marble counter tops.  Above that, a farmhouse sink with wall taps and lots of windows over the sink area.  Below that, I'd want my island to look like that one in style, but be creamy white like the cabinets, and dark/light wood top.  The appliances would be simple in design and would all be green with chrome handles; a French door refrigerator, double wall ovens with pretty patterned glass, and just a gas cook top in a counter, oh and we can not forget the dishwasher!  Above that is the marble for the countertops, the colour green of the walls, the green cabinet pulls and the black drawer pulls.  And then all my lovely mis-matchy containers.  Coffee would obviously be for coffee, the rest to the owl for flour, cornmeal, sugars; the little green one is what all my spices would be in, because they'd be displayed on a shelf.  Overhead light, copper pots and pans, fancy rose copper coffee maker, gorgeous green and wood espresso maker/milk frother, copper kettle.  Dishes and copper flatware, awesome table and chair.


Dining Room

I adore Art Deco, and if you're going to do an Art Deco room it might as well be the dining room.  Plank flooring like in the bedroom (actually I found that after I made the living room, so it would be in all rooms except the bath, because I really like it), wall colouring, trim and curtains.  Gorgeous Persian carpet... and every single thing in this room is Art Deco except the large plate and the bowl for the dishes.  We have a British breakfront for my fancy dishes, as will as the sterling silverware, coffee service, and gold rimmed glasses.  A buffet for the decanter, lamp and Swedish malachite/gold bowl, as well as for serving.  Fabulous table with the lady candlesticks on it and that really great chair, which would have a cream seat, instead of brown.  And that star chandelier.  *sigh*


Den

THIS is where I would hang out.  Top is the same flooring and paint, trim, and curtain colours.  The art to be placed around the room; that bottom right one is a vintage pink and orange map of Paris.  Pillows for the sofa and chair.  The center of the room would have the sofa with a side table on each side (the mint geometric) and the wood and white table light on each table.  The green chair to the right and the really awesome footstool in the middle.  The Persian Carpet anchoring all of that.  The vintage TV.  The mid-century Danish credenza would have the really great pink floral record player on top with records in the doors, the gold pendant light over it and definitely the green/gold bowl and the gold geometric vase, and the sheep rub in front. The West Elm patchwork secretary; the grey door is where the computer goes, I would put movies in the tall cabinet part and games in the bottom drawer.  The red/white tulip is the computer chair and the wood pendant lamp would hang over it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn