Skip to main content

Vintage Fashion Through The Seasons

Back in May, I started a Vintage Fashion Through Seasons series.  I had intended to use a girl and appropriate late 60's fashion/hair for each of the four months.  I stopped after doing Spring and Autumn (which is why they have nice white backgrounds as I was able to use my scanner.  The other photo's sadly are from my camera.)  I started with Brunettes, because that it what I am, but recently, once I picked the series back up, I did Blondes and Red heads.  They all have the same basic seasonal elements.  


The Brunettes

Spring
I decided to go with the whole "April showers being May flowers" thing and have rain as the element.  If I had gone with a non rainy day she would have worn late 60's heels, but as it is, Spring wears boots, and is the only season to carry a prop; the umbrella.  Also a typical A-line mod dress in lime and white.  

Summer
Summer has bee's, flowers and a spot of grass.  She wears a mod one piece swim suit in black with the bold lines of white.

Autumn
Autumn also has a spot of grass (different shade) and falling leaves.  She's wearing a belted, thin turtle neck sweater in cream with red tartan pants and boots.


Winter
Winter has a patch of snow and snowflakes.  Late 60's evening gown in shades of blue, with billowy, see through sleeves.



The Blondes
Spring
Spring has rain drops, rain puddle and umbrella.  Wearing a short mod A-line dress that is orange with a stripe of white at the bottom and brown boots.

Summer
Summer has bee's, flowers, and a spot of grass.  Wearing a pink/orange/black striped low rise bikini.


Autumn
Autumn has falling leaves and a spot of glass.  Wearing a mod A-line in yellow with white trim and circles.  Also lighter yellow tights and brown boots.


Winter
Winter has a patch of snow and snowflakes.  Wearing a green with gold trimmed evening gown with peek-a-boo stomach area and gold gloves.


The Reds

Spring

Spring has rain drops, rain puddle, and umbrella.  Wearing mod A-line dress with rick rack designing on the top portion with matching rick rack designed tights and white boots.


Summer

Summer has bee's, flowers, and a spot of grass.  Wearing purple bikini with golden connecter loops.


Autumn
Autumn has falling leaves and a spot of grass.  Wearing dark orange turtle neck (no sleeves) and pants, lighter orange sweater with tie.  Dark orange trims the sweater.  Brown boots.


Winter
Winter has a patch of snow and snowflakes.  Wearing scarf dress in red and dark gold with brown boots.


I plan on doing other times in fashion, but haven't decided what next to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn