Skip to main content

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone.

There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context.

I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn't mean a girl can't dream, right!  While all the men are looking elsewhere for a partner, I am left with no one.  But that doesn't mean I will always be alone.  So, in the meantime I am happy being single and daydreaming about the following men.  That is, until the day my mate and I do find each other, then my Bifrost jumping days will be over.  And I'm OK with that.

I'm also in this stage in my life where I want to manifest my dreams.  I want to travel, so I keep "living" in all these different places over on Facebook.  I know that I am not really living in those places; most I have never been to.  I am manifesting it.  I am putting it out there into the Universe, saying "Hey!  Remember me down here?  Yeah, the one who wants to travel?  See me being positive?  Alright then."  So, I'm manifesting my future husband here in this post.  "See this Universe?  Take notes.  I'm going to have a husband.  I know it and you know it.  Here's my two cents worth.  Right?  Right!"  

So... who would I jump in the Bifrost with, you are asking?  We'll start with the real people, and then move on to the characters, shall we?



Oliver "Ollie" Riedel: Bassist for German industrial band Rammstein.  What's not to like about him?  He's German (therefor, speaks German and has a German accent when he rarely speaks English), he's tall, he's bald (or sports very little hair up top), he's a musician and he always has some great facial hair.  For Christ's sake, the man is wearing Lederhosen in that photo!  That should go into the list of awesome things.  Not too mention he seems really nice and he's part of a band who is awesome, amusing, quirky, and gritty all at the same time.



Josh Brolin: I've actually had a crush on him since I first saw him in The Goonies.  As for characters, I like him portraying Jonah Hex as well as Young Agent K.  There's just something about his deep voice and nonchalant way of acting.



Lee Pace: I had seen him prior to Pushing Daisies, but that is what made me take notice of him.  I especially liked him in The Fall and am excited that he was cast as Thranduil in The Hobbit films.



Damian Marley: I love how he can raise one eyebrow.  I like his facial hair.  I love his Jamaican Patois.  Is a musician.  Though he is a bit more militant than his father, he seems nice also.


Christoph Waltz: Is Austrian, speaks Austrian German, has an Austrian accent when speaking English.  I found him super sexy in both Tarantino films (even though he was evil in one).


Leonardo DiCaprio: Never was much into him until I saw him in Catch Me If You Can and then again in Shutter Island.  So, I was totally digging mature DiCaprio... until a couple of months ago.  Saw a few of his younger films again and I'm wondering what was wrong with my teenage self.  He was really attractive back then during his heart throb days.  Guess I wasn't buying it until he became a man and grew some facial hair.

John Stamos: When Full House was popular on the telly, I didn't think John Stamos could get any hotter.  He has done nothing but age very well since his mullet wearing days.  Seriously, I can't look at a picture of him and not get a goofy grin on my face and just melt.  He seems too pretty... but also he seems really nice and he goes to Disney Land all of the time.  What's not to like about this guy?







Thorin Oakenshield (portrayed by Richard Armitage): Be still my beating heart!! Those piercing blue eyes, that deep, deep voice and British accent.  That facial hair.  That lovely grey running through his locks.  Awesome fighter with axe and sword.  That outfit.  That loner, troubled attitude.  There is nothing about this character that I'm not totally in love with.  




Loki Laufeyson (as portrayed by Tom Hiddleston): Sure he's cruel and calculating and would throw anyone under a bus to save himself.  In my daydreams however, he wouldn't throw me aside, of course.  But he's got those blue eyes and that great hair and that great British accent.  He's tall and his outfit and headpiece are fantastic.  And his delivery of lines, oh my.  



Indiana Jones (as portrayed by Harrison Ford): This man I fell in love with when I was three.  I was going to grow up and marry this Indie man who traveled the world and had fantastic adventures and fought these guys called Nazi's just so he could obtain antiquities and put them into museums.  Then when I was seven it dawned on me that I was fourty two years too late to fight any Nazi's and that the man I wanted to marry was only a fictional character and even if he was real, he'd already be dead.  But I still love this character, even if my childhood dreams were dashed by reality.



Blackbeard (as portrayed by Ian McShane): I know he's cruel and heartless, BUT (see explanation for Loki)... and he has those piercing blue eyes and that deep, deep voice and British accent.  And grey running through his hair.  I suppose he's the evil, pirate version of Thorin?



Dwalin (as portrayed by Graham McTavish): Deep, accented voice.  Bald.  Awesome facial hair.  Fierce.  Strong.  Has a war hammer and tattoos.  I'm probably the only female out there to swoon over Dwalin the Dwarf, but there is something about him that is highly appealing to me.  It doesn't hurt at all that his characters voice sounds a bit Russian.



Thor (as portrayed by Chris Hemsworth): He's got facial hair.  He's an alien from another realm.  A god to Scandinavians.  He's got a fabulous accent.  Strong.  Has a war hammer named Mjølnir, which allows him to fly through the air!  He's a bit arrogant, but after having his powers denied him, he loses that and just wants to do the right thing.  Awww!



Stellan Skarsgård: I think it's mainly his Swedish accent and the fact that he's usually fussy in films that I adore.  But, I seem to always be talking about this man.  "Stellan Skarsård!!  Oooh!"  Perhaps I just really like saying his name.  Like that scene in Elf, where he finds out the man's name is Francisco.  "Francisco!  Oooh that's fun to say, Francisco!!"  But there is something attractive and appealing about him, even if my sister says he looks like he was carved out of potatoes and resembles a Doozer from Fraggle Rock.  I especially liked him (though he was a villain) in King Arthur (photo above), but really like him in everything I've seen him in.


While I may be dreaming about these men, and I'm manifesting this to the Universe telling it that these men are all gloriously gorgeous and teeth sweatingly hot in my humble opinion...  the Universe knows who's right for me.  As my thirty two year old self sitting here right this second typing this, I want this super man that is all the great things from all these men... but that doesn't mean that's who I'll end up with.  I know that who I end up with can be all these opposites and I'd be wonderfully alright with that, because he's just for me.  So, while I may want exactly what I'm posting, I will not be disappointed if that's not what I get.  I'll be head over heals for the one who finds his way to my heart; the one who fits me, no matter what.  

I feel like Sandra Bullocks character in practical magic.  As her five year old self, she put all these things together for the man she wanted and lifted it to the wind.  Her spell found that boy.  She thinks the spell changed him; that she made him into what she wanted.  But he was already who he was going to be, all it did was lead him to her in the end, like a map from heart to heart.  That is what I'm hoping to accomplish here.  I'm throwing this to the wind.  So the Universe will say..."aaaaaand now!  It's time.  Send this man on his way to her.  The map to her heart is in his hands now."   

While it's certainly not "Manifest Destiny", I am, manifesting my destiny.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu