Skip to main content

I'm Tired of Vanishing Smoke

It was an awkward meeting.  Between the boy who dreams big and the girl with dreams of foreign places.  He tried to tie our souls together, without so much as a by your leave.  I said yes to the Universe, but my yes did not entail automatic soul fusion; a simple rendezvous was all I contracted with to the Universe.

Eyes of blue swimming down into the murky depths of me.  What are you even doing in there?  So far down; poking around; leaving messages; flitting away.  What are you doing?  Do you even know?  Can those eyes of blue even see?  Does your brain register what they see?  Or does only part of you know?

You ask permission for acceptance and to ascend; yet you intrusively dive right in to my oceanic pools of cool blue eyes, possibly missing the ring of light green that dances on the centers' surface; but you didn't splash around there for long before diving down, down, down in to the dark recesses of me; the dark cavern where my heart resides; into the very essence of me.

Why is it that you dive in my waters?  My demarcation line means nothing to you, it seems.  What are you looking for down there?  Haven't you found it yet?  What were you saying down there in the dark?  Every time you are in there you are whispering;  are they lies, are they commands, are you preying on my hopes and dreams?  Stop going inside myself to tell me things.  Speak aloud to my face instead of sneakily wending words around my heart.

You think you are cunning, but I know what you said, what you were secretly whispering to my heart.  I can not be owned and I do not have to wait.  When the door opens, I will follow it.  To farthest Peru or Coldest Germany.  If you are not on the other side, it matters little to me.  One can not hold smoke, which is exactly what you are.  You are like smoke, traipsing around in the other world between; always there, but never here in this tangible one.  My entire life has been ether, things I can not have, touch or hold.  I want real; the true true.  If you can't look me in the eyes without diving into them and speak words through your physical lips, then it means nothing.  You may have the ability to slip past my guards and have a foray in my holiest of places, but that does not mean I have to be bound by the words you speak there.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn