Skip to main content

aufdecken - to reveal

Die Ermittlung hat einen Skandal aufgedeckt. (The investigation revealed a scandal) 

It certainly did...

Those video tapes we watched, they were an investigation.  They were tools we needed for learning; for remembering.  For finding the truth, setting it free; starting over, rebuilding.

Strange that my email language of the day has been absent for quite some time.  I hadn't realized until the first one, this one, showed up again in my email; prior to watching the videos that have set my soul free.


"It's almost perfect", you said of this shrine you made for your childhood self.  It was almost perfect.  You decided that this little haunted room, with a little haunted girl would be the perfect way to heal what was done to you.  You tried to squash the girl out; turn her into you; recreating the past to heal the wounds.  But that girl, she was strong.  When the tipping point was in your favour, she did the unexpected; she tipped the scales back; took herself back.

"Never assume you know what I'll do.  Never assume I'll follow pattern."  It's been told to people for as long as this girl could speak.  But they never think I will challenge them.  They never think I will do what what they least expect.  

There is a scene similar to this in Cloud Atlas; between Vyvyan Ayrs and Robert Frobisher.  Frobisher is pointing a luger at Ayrs.  Ayrs then replies with something about how Frobisher would never do it, never pull the trigger, because people like him never do.  BANG!  Frobisher shoots him.  Never assume.  

Piece by piece, fragment by fragment we have deconstructed all of your spell work over the years.  All busted up in some way or another.  I've had the help of the Irish, the Choctaws and India.  Even She Who is Crowned in Laurels has made fast her holy fragrant grass bound tight, round and round; for cleansing.  Help comes from all rather unlikely, but greatly appreciated sources.  

Poisonous words reveal their venom.  Lies gain their truth.  Things that were seen with dead eyes are brought to light.  Patterns are dissected; laid bare.  I see where you were powerless.  I see the challengers.  I see all now.  The camera, you thought was your ally, was actually your deceiver.  It betrayed you!  

One of your biggest ambitions in life was to mar the reputations of two very powerful ladies, I'm assuming strictly, because they were indeed powerful.  Graceful Victory who "has a HUGE ass!" and Gracious Warrior who "is a real witch!"  

Yes, the Victorious Wood Sprite has a round body, but I've a memory of the beauty she had inside of her; which the video has proved to be true.  She literally sparkled with radiance!  I have memory of her being a bit short with myself and her own son, but I've seen proof that she paid attention to her own son.  She even paid attention to me, showing me patiently how to use my new boom box that I didn't have to wish for anymore.  

What the video also showed is a woman desperately trying to gain a foothold of power in a house that refused her advances.  A woman who chained her daughters with collars and slapped at their hands.  A woman who was so selfish and so denying of love that it radiated onto film.  This woman was not the Victorious Wood Sprite.  Why it was you, oh Beldam!

The Middle Eastern Warrior with her beautiful eyes of knowing and power; yes, she is a witch.  Though she is not an evil witch, nor a hag.  She does have the magnitude to handle evil curses and spells, while not being swallowed by them.  She freely shows love to her son as well as to that which you threw away; this daughter of Bright Fame!  

There was, however, a woman who enslaved, belittled, and abused.  A woman so embraced of the evil that she welcomed it like an old friend.  A woman who preyed on unsuspecting hero's when their guard was down; to steal their life force.  Dared to fight with the Last Warrior of Hope, and whose eyes burned black with coals of hatred when she realized her mistake; her defeat.  Why, it was you who is the Beldam!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn