Skip to main content

Motivation Found

Since last night I've been busy, busy, busy.  I'm overhauling my life a small section at a time.  I have gotten rid of/chucked so much stuff, honestly I don't know where it comes from.  The sad thing is that I've done SO much work but you can't even really tell.  I can tell - I feel better letting this stuff just go - but, my living quarters are still a disaster.

I just finished cleaning my window a/c unit.  Took me about an hour.  I took the front plate off, which I've never done, and blech, it was disgusting.  I bleached and cleaned the entire thing until it (90%) resembles itself when I first took it from its' box.

I don't even know why I feel the need to live with bare essentials.  My entire life I never gave a second thought to the stuff I had, but one day, about three years ago, I got this over powering urge to purge.  If it's not being used, has bad memories with it, I simply just don't like it... it had to go.  But as I am human and I like stuff, it's been a continuous struggle ever since.

I'm constantly plagued by 'Oh, but what if I'll need this?', 'Oh, but I had plans for this.', & 'Oh, but I just got this.'  And since I'm not perfect, I hold onto the items that fit into those categories, even though my brain is saying, "Just chuck it already, will ya!"

Apparently I'm on the right course as I haven't missed a damn thing I've thrown out and I feel better every time I let it all go.

And!! I am commending myself for all the work I've accomplished since last night.  I'm even going to reward myself with a matinee showing of Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D tomorrow.

Huzzah, indeed.  I know, I know.  Another money grabbing gimmick by Mr. Lucas.  I'll even admit I had absolutely no interest in seeing this film again in the theatre, much less in 3D.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the film.  I like the new three.  They'll never compare in greatness to the original three, but I do really like them (& own them on DVD, even).  But, it was all the hoopla being generated online and in real life.  It was like it was 1999 all over again.  1999 was a good year for me.  I miss some of the good times that were had during that year.  Seeing Epi I (twice) was a good memory for me.

Suddenly I felt this longing need to recapture that memory that happened (almost) thirteen years ago.  A sudden bout of nostalgia.  I know it won't be the same.  For one, I won't be seeing this with my dad or my sister.  The theatre we saw it in has been closed for about five or so years.  Nor will my Star Wars loving friend be there (as was the case with my second viewing, since it was her Star Wars birthday extravaganza).

I am well aware that one can never go back and times can never be recaptured.  I learned that lesson when I was ten.  So, I'm not really going into this to recapture a moment or reclaim my youth (though it was my initial thought), but instead I realized this could be my way of recapturing the past while making a new memory in simply just seeing this film, in 3D, by myself.

There's no telling.  I may leave the theatre all morose with tears streaming down my face (cursing Lucas) realizing that the last thirteen years are gone.  (Oh man, has it really been so long since Quai Gon died and Obi Wan was a padiwan?) I am thirteen years closer to my ultimate demise.  There has been thirteen years of heart break, let downs, deaths, changes, happy and sad times.  I will realize that those are thirteen years I can not get back, can not do over, can never have again.

But, perhaps I have just done that, so tomorrow will just be seeing a film I once saw and am able to see again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sneakiness of White Cake...

We're having white cake! What sort of melodrama could be brewing back there? I, myself, am not even a fan of white cake.  Sure, I enjoy cake, but it's not a top contender for taste.  But there was some sort of subliminal messaging going on in the film, Django Unchained, because after seeing it last year in the theatre, I wanted white cake.  Rented it two weeks ago, & again upon seeing it, I really, really wanted white cake.   Leonardo Dicaprio, as the character Calvin Candie, only utters the words 'white cake' a total of four times.  Perhaps it is because they are uttered in about a 15 minute time frame, or because he keeps holding a plate of cake or wanting everyone to eat it.  I'm not really sure.  All I know for sure is that I needed white cake, all because of his white cake scenes.  I was so intent on the subliminal messaging of 'white cake' that I even made a soap that smelled like it, before...   I eventually made white cake! I

Weepuls?

These guys had a name? These guys... I LOVED these guys when I was a child.  Well, the smaller one's because they were the only one's that existed in my small world.  They were HUGE in the early - mid 1980's and were all over the place.  Girls would have them stuck to their Trapper Keepers, they ended up in Easter baskets, came with Valentine gifts.  Just everywhere I went someone had at least one. And then they were gone.  For so long that I had completely forgotten about them until I was in Michael's craft store yesterday evening.  My sister (who was really into them as well) had forgotten about them until I showed her the package I was intending to purchase. Is that to avoid copy-rights or am I safe in assuming no one knew they had names? So, we get a little nostalgic and happy.  I purchase them intending to give away one with each of my valentines.  Then we head to Target and we get to the Valentine candy section and their huge promotional sign is these gu

The title of this post is... 'While you are ignoring me... I jump in the Bifrost with Disney Prince Loki"

Disney Prince Loki, everyone. There's this thing going around about Loki being a Disney Prince.  It amuses me.  Is it important?  Probably not.  But it does lead very well into this blog post, I think.  I would jump in the Bifrost with Loki; Disney Prince or no.  But he's not the only one.  If you've not read A] any Norse mythology B] any Thor comics C] seen the film Thor, then I shall enlighten you.  The Bifrost is the rainbow bridge connecting this world with Asgard (where Thor, Odin, Loki and the rest of the Norse gods dwell.)  The Bifrost is not really the important part.  It simply means to run away/go away with in this context. I do not mind speaking up on the fact that I have never had a boyfriend.  It doesn't define who I am, as I don't particularly like being confined into boxes, but it does make up a part of who I am.  I'm not going to deny it.  There has never been a relationship, a date or a boy/man in my life to speak of.  But, that doesn